Artificial Intelligence (AI) is becoming a part of the day to day life. Artificial Intelligence (AI) is being increasingly used not only in camera phones but also in all kinds of cameras. In the tech world, it refers to use computers to do the tasks automatically instead of people. These tasks usually involve decision-making, recently the technology like machine vision and speech recognition pay to know what AI is actually doing for photos. Here in this article, we are going to cover the advantages of using AI Camera in Smartphones for photography.
What is Artificial Intelligence or AI?
AI is a computer program that creates intelligence machines. It is one of the fastest-growing technology industry. Machine learning is also an essential subset of Artificial Intelligence. It is the function or act that can be performed by analysing and learning from data input. Some of the well-known applications that included AI (Artificial intelligence) are SIRI (used in iPhone), Self-driving cars, Amazon Echo, Google Assistance etc.
What is an AI Camera in Smartphones?
The term “AI camera in Smartphone” refers to sophisticated technology featuring with voice activation. AI cameras use computer software based on neural networks and computer vision. It can
- Identify photos.
- Automatically retouch them.
- Capture better photos in real-time by evaluating the shot before take.
The software was designed to compensate for the omnipresence of smartphone cameras to empower these features and limitations. In general, smartphone cameras don’t have features to interchange lenses and/or adjust focal length, so DSLR is designed for working on this software to digitally mimic the kinds of effects in computational photography.
What is Computational Photography?
Computational photography is a digital image processing technique. It uses algorithms to replace optical processes. It seeks to improve image quality by using machine vision. As machine vision identify the content of an image. Also, you can smooth the skin and get rid of blemishes, not only just blurring it but also you get texturing. In the past, applying smooth skin and beauty modes has essentially for blurring the image to hide imperfections. Now AI plays a key role in creating looks that are believable. For example, we use AI algorithms to recognise people’s faces as a feature of face unlocks in the AI camera in smartphones.
Improvements via AI Implementation:
The AI Camera in smartphones does a heavy change in the photography department. These include camera setting and image processing, saturation, colour depth, dynamic range, contrast adding with automatic shutter speed and exposure. Also, AI Camera does scene recognition automatically. As you point the camera right direction, the AI takes a shot of the scene automatically for making that killer shot. The AI Camera in smartphone determines what scene type it’s looking at, also adjusting light conditions in the eye’s blink. Adding with dynamic exposure and colour adjustments, implementing some cool effects for the best image.
1. Pre-Artificial Intelligence (AI)
A few years ago, removing imperfections and blemishes from a face by blurring the image slightly, but sometimes it erased some detail in case of hiding those small imperfections. This loss left a bad impression on many people’s faces in photos.
2. Post-Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Modern AI camera in smartphones are beginning to offer algorithms that allow you to remove imperfections with an addition of a convincing artificial texture. This effect avoids the “plastic look”. By the machine learning an AI, camera develops for identifying scenes automatically. AI camera knows that it’s focusing on a person, food, nature, animals, etc. AI camera chooses the most applicable exposure and colour adjustments for that perfect shot.
Smartphone cameras lack the optical zoom compared with DSLR cameras. For this reason, manufacturing AI Camera to take a computational photograph. It is basically a digital image processing technique that uses algorithms to improve image quality. Some of the well-known end results like Bokeh effect and Beauty mode are used to remove blemishes and smoothens the skin.
Top 5 Worst Computer Virus Types in the World’s History
A virus can even destroy a Big Company. Every file which is coming through the trusted path but not the trusted content, maybe hack your Life. It sounds little Scary right?
Another common application of AI camera in smartphones technology helps amateur photographers create better shots. Some AI camera in smartphones can do the following
- Analyse the image data coming in through the camera lens.
- Compare it to huge databases of related images using a neural network.
- Offer suggestions about how to better frame the shot and adjust settings like exposure to make sure that the photo comes out well.
- AI-powered image enhancing techniques recognize the objects and scenery users are trying to capture.
- Image analysis and recognition involve complex computational operations which can exceed the capacity of traditional processing units. The Neural Processing Unit (NPU) delivers the powerful performance required for smart cameras. Compared to GPUs and CPUs, NPUs offer higher performance and efficiency for AI processing.
- Computational image optimization typically applies a single set of settings to enhance photographs based on the main subject in the frame.
- Machine learning provides the NPU to automatically detect and distinguish different objects. Machine learning also enables the ISP to generate and apply specific camera settings.
- AI-powered object recognition capabilities make capture stunning selfies and portraits with a smartphone simple and intuitive. As soon as NPU detects face in the frame, ISP is enabled automatically to provide the best settings such as white balance and exposure, lighting condition to set skin tone. NPU also allows the camera to differentiate faces from the background and make mesmerizing bokeh effects.
- Intelligent photo management software is other thing but AI and machine learning are arguably having a bigger impact on how images are captured.
Still, AI camera in smartphone take it a step further and automatically adjust settings. Many applications are beginning to employ AI camera in a smartphone to help people save time as well as capture better photos. The same technologies allow to improve the photos and professional photographers can save a lot of time in the editing room. AI and algorithms can correctly identify and sort the best images automatically.
Thanks for reading our article, if you want to share more information thing about this topic, kindly comment below. You can join our Facebook page and Twitter to getting the latest information.