UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC), a central government organization authorized to conducts various examinations every year for civil services, engineering services, defense, and many others across the country. The organization was set up on October 1, 1926, and controlled by the government of India.
Strategy of preparation for UPSC :
The general studies portion is always considered to crack this exam. The preparation strategy for civil services is more important to prepare yourself. This is due to a lack of understanding of the syllabus, and the pattern in which questions are asked in the exam. The best way of preparation is to first have a meticulous plan for handling GS with ease, both during the time of preparation and the exam.
There have two myths about this exam preparation:
- The first myth which has to exist for years, especially after the change in pattern in 2013 is that there is no syllabus for General Studies. This statement is utterly false. UPSC is always looking for such aspirants, who are well-informed of all national and international events, institutions, and personalities so that they can hold significance for India.
- The second myth about GS preparation is that reading basic books like NCERT is a wastage of time because generally questions are not asked from these. Studying NCERT books helps you to solve the questions directly, but to create a strong root for your preparation in GS.
How many UPSC Exams available?
We will provide you the following list of all the UPSC exams.
- Civil Service Examination
- Engineering Services Examination (IES)
- Combined Defense Service Examination (CDSE)
- National Defense Academy Examination (NDA)
- Naval Academy Examination
- Combined Medical Service Examination
- Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA)
- Indian Statistical Service Examination
- Geologists’ Examination (GE)
- Central Armed Police Forces (AC)
What are the best online platforms to prepare UPSC Exam?
There have many online applications, which assist you to prepare for these examinations. Unacademy is one of the best platforms for preparation. You can prepare for UPSC CSE Prelims & Mains with Top Educators from the safety of your home. It covers the UPSC CSE syllabus through free live courses, free mock tests, and more. Applications such as Unacademy are- BY’JUS, ClearIAS, UPSCpathshala, IASbaba, Grade up, etc.
Candidates must satisfy the following conditions to be eligible for the UPSC IAS Exam:
Nationality for IAS exam: Candidate Must be an Indian, a person of Indian origin or a person of Nepal, Bhutan or Tibet settled in India before 1st January 1962.
Education Qualification for IAS exam: Candidate must hold a Graduate Degree from a recognized University.
UPSC Age limit for IAS exam: Candidate must be a minimum of 21 years of age and must not be more than 32 years of age.
Know category wise UPSC Age, Relaxation, and Maximum attempts
- General category & EWS: 32 years; 6 attempts
- OBC(with certificate): 32 years + 3 years; 9 attempts
- Sc/ST: 32 years + 5 years; unlimited attempts
- Physically Disabled: 32 years + 10 years; Gen/OBC/Person with Benchmark Disability(EWS category)- 9 attempts & SC/ST unlimited attempts;
- Jammu & Kashmir Domicile: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years, if OBC OR 5 Years, if SC/ST); Number of attempts depends on the reserved category.
- Disabled and discharged Defense service personnel: 32 years + 3 years + (3 years, if Gen/OBC OR 5 years, if SC/ST)
- Ex-Servicemen Commission Officer: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years, if OBC OR 5 Years, if SC/ST)
Jobs profile under UPSC examination:
Aspirants can opt following jobs under this examination:
- Indian Administrative Services
- Indian Police Services
- IRS (IT, Custom and Central Excise)
- Indian Civil Accounts Services
- Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Services
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Corporate Law Service
- Indian Postal Services
During this pandemic, all should stay at home. We are trying to help you out with your education concerns. Hope this information assists you. Thanks for reading our article, if you want to share more information thing about this topic kindly comment below. You can join our Facebook page and Twitter to getting the latest information.