Combined Medical Services Examination (CMSE) organized by UPSC every year. CMSE helps to recruit medical graduates into a variety of Central Government Organizations and Services. This CMSE exam is managed in accordance with the rules published by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare in the Gazette of India. CMSE recruitment offered the following posts to be filled:
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in the Railways
- Assistant Divisional Medical Officer in Indian Ordnance Factories Health Services
- Junior Scale Posts in Central Health Services
- General Duty Medical Gr.-II in Delhi Region
Eligible Criteria of CMSE Exam:
A candidate should be a Citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 and permanently settling in is eligible for this examination.
A candidate for this examination must not have attained the age of 32 years with relaxations for various categories such as SC, ST, and OBC.
To apply to the examination a candidate should have passed the written and practical parts of the final M.B.B.S. Examination.
- The examination will be processed with a Computer Based Examination (Paper-I) and a Descriptive Paper (Paper-II). Both are taken on 250 marks. This exam followed by a 100 marks personality test.
- Any change in the schedule of examinations will be informed to the candidates through the website of the Union Public Service Commission.
Role and responsibilities:
- The medical officer will be recruited and posted in any central health department
- The medical officer is apparent to do duties as performed by any doctor
- Indian Govt. can send the officer to any department to serve their employees along with their dependents
- The medical officer is responsible for allotting duties to the medical staff and makes the sure smooth running of OPD as well
- At the time of emergency, the medical officer has to arrange to distribute the work.
- The officer manages his staff in normal OPD hours and organizes laboratory services.
Books for UPSC CMSE Exam:
Preparations must be made from the best books that you can get for a topic. One good book is more than enough. Here’s a list of standard books for preparation:
- Elsevier Comprehensive Guide to Combined Medical Services UPSC Simplified by Rajeev Kumar and Prakash Nayak
- CBS Combined Medical Services UPSC Entrance Examination, 15e (PB) by M.S. Bhatia
- Rapid Digest UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination 11ed 2016 by Arun Yadav and Tapas Koley (Author)
- IES Examination Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Selection process
- Combined Defense Service Examination (CDSE) Exam Pattern, Eligibility
- Civil Service Examination Pattern, Qualification and Interview Process
- Are you a UPSC Aspirant? Know about preparation strategy, Eligibility criteria
- National Defense Academy, NDA Examination, Eligibility Criteria
Just one thing you have to remember, achieving some great things, we must not only act, but we must have a dream and not only plan but also believe. Dream big, it will come true by patience and plan. Hope this article helps you. Thanks for reading our article, if you want to share more information thing about this topic kindly comment below. You can join our Facebook page and Twitter to getting the latest information.