Engineering Services Examination (ESE) known as Indian Engineering Services (IES). IES exam is conducted to recruit officers. Basically, an IES officer has to manage the technical and managerial functions of the Government of India. This IES Examination is based on the Engineering department and conducted by the UPSC Exam. This exam comprises of engineers who work under the government of India and designated as Class – 1 officer.
Difference between IES and ESE:
Both IES (Indian Engineering Service) and ESE (Engineering Service Examination) examination are the same there is not any inequality in these exams. Any graduate student can apply for the IES exam.
Exam Pattern of IES Exam:
Aspirants should ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and admission at all the stages of the examination. The examination shall be conducted according to the operating plan:-
Stage-I: Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination for the selection of candidates for the Main Exam. It has two objective type papers, a total of 500 marks.
Paper I- General Studies and Engineering Aptitude (200 marks) and Paper-II- Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics and Telecommunication) (300 marks).
Stage-II: Engineering Services (Main/Stage-II) Examination to certify for the personality test. It contains two descriptive papers on Engineering (Civil/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics and Telecommunication) and both of 300 marks, a total of 600 marks.
Stage-III: Personality Test.
Eligibility Criteria before applying for Indian Engineering Service Exam:
Every IES aspirants have required to undergo a medical examination and they have to qualify their physical test by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board). He/she has appeared for such medical examination in the past and found the fit/unfit on the basis of earlier examination. The medical examination will be conducted at various Railway Hospitals under the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board). Other additional instructions for candidates are listed in the official notification of UPSC.
Candidates must be physically fit according to this admission in the Engineering Services Examination, 2020.
A candidate must be either Citizen of India or Nepal, Bhutan. A candidate from a Tibetan Refugee coming to India after January 1, 1962.
A candidate must have fulfilled from any of these lists:
- A degree in Engineering from a university incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India
- Passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- A degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time
- You have to Pass Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India)
- Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India
- Graduation of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November 1959
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January of that year.
Roles and Responsibilities for being an IES Officer:
- At the starting of their career after selection, An Assistant Executive Engineer or Assistant Director is their first designation.
- Promotion to executive engineer, director, or work Manager after the experience of 3 to 4 years,
- They are able to get promotion to Joint General Manager or chief engineer of level 2 Over 13 years of experience
- After 20 years of experience is enough to become a chief engineer or additional general manager
- Providing 30 years of services to the government of India able them to be in the position of senior general manager or engineer-in-chief
Just one thing you have to remember, achieving some great things, You must not only act, but You must have a dream and not only plan but also believe. Dream big, it will come true by patience and plan. I hope this article helps you. Thanks for reading our article, if you want to share more information thing about this topic kindly comment below. You can join our Facebook page and Twitter to getting the latest information.