National Defense Academy Examination (NDA Examination) is one of the most sought after defense entrance exams in the country. NDA recruitment is organized for admission to Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC). This exam is conducted twice a year in two stages – written exam and SSB Interview. Around 4 lakh candidates sit for NDA Exam every year, out of which almost 6000 are called for SSB Interview.
Who can apply for NDA Examination?
Candidates who are studying in the class 12th Class in 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent qualification can also apply for this examination.
Eligibility Criteria of NDA Examination:
Candidates need to fulfill the following eligibility criteria in order to be eligible for the exam.
Basically, for applying this exam, the age of the candidate must be lies between 16 to 19. The date of birth of the candidate is calculated as mentioned on the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University.
The educational qualification is different as follows.
Army Wing of National Defense Academy:
Candidates must have qualified from Class 12/Higher secondary education, under 10+2 pattern from a recognized board or university.
Candidates must have passed Class 12/HSC under 10+2 pattern of school education with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Exam syllabus of NDA Examination:
Mathematics – Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions, Differential Calculus, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Logical Reasoning.
General Ability Test – English, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Geography, Current Events, etc.
The SSB Interview is regulated for agility and Personality Test. The test is conducted in two stages. All qualified candidates are put to the stage I test on the first day of reporting at Selection Centers/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. Candidates qualifying the written stage are called for the SSB interview. Those who will qualify the second stage are required to submit a birth certificate and pass certificate.
Candidates are finally selected for admission to admission to Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA and INAC based on their performance in written exam and SSB Interview. The final procedure will be done as per the number of vacancies exacted to candidate’s eligibility, medical fitness and merit-cum-preference.
Candidates can prepare for NDA exam by following the tips given below:
- To begin with, candidates must be clear about the subjects, pattern and types of questions.
- The Mathematics section of NDA comprises questions from Algebra, matrices, trigonometry, calculus, statistics, etc. Candidates must clear their concepts from Class 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12 NCERT books.
- The GAT comprises a variety of subjects such as Chemistry, General Science, Geography, History, and Current Affairs. This section also comprises a section on English.
- Candidates must revise the topics they have studied.
- Make short and simple notes as it will help candidates to revise properly and quickly.
- Solve previous years’ question papers and take a mock test.
- Buy good books and question banks.
You Might Read Also:
- IES Examination Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Selection process
- Combined Defense Service Examination (CDSE) Exam Pattern, Eligibility
- Civil Service Examination Pattern, Qualification and Interview Process
- Are you a UPSC Aspirant? Know about preparation strategy, Eligibility criteria
Just one thing you have to remember, achieving some great things, we must not only act, but we must have a dream and not only plan but also believe. Dream big, it will come true by patience and plan. I hope this article helps you. Thanks for reading our article, if you want to share more information thing about this topic kindly comment below. You can join our Facebook page and Twitter to getting the latest information.