Snapdragon 720G is a 64-bit ARM LTE system mid-range chip-set. It is designed by Qualcomm and introduced in early 2020. It is build on Samsung’s 8 nm LPP process. The 720G contains six Kryo 465 Silver high-efficiency cores runs at a clock speed of 1.8 GHz and two high-performance Kryo 465 Gold runs at a clock speed of 2.3 GHz. The Snapdragon 720G combines the features of Adreno 618 GPU operating at 500 MHz and X15 LTE modem supporting Cat 13 uplink, Cat 15 downlink. This chip supports up to 8GB of dual-channel LPDDR4X-3733 memory.
Why maximum devices are using Snapdragon 720G from 2019:
- Qualcomm Sensing Hub which
- Ultra-low-power hub for audio, voice, and sensors
- Supports AI algorithms at low power
- Supports multiple voice assistants
- Multi-mic far-field detection and echo cancellation
- Wi-Fi calling with call continuity can be done between LTE and Wi-Fi
- Select Snapdragon Elite Gaming features
- True HDR Gaming featuring 10-bit color depth
- Apt-X Adaptive provides high-quality synchronized sound
- Extreme noise reduction in low-light environments supporting up to 16 MP dual camera
- 4K Video can be captured with high-definition footage and ultimate clarity
- HDR video take sharper picture and more vibrant color
- 5th generation Qualcomm AI Engine
- Dedicated HTA (Hexagon Tensor Accelerator)
- Dual Frequency GNSS (L1 and L5)
- Support for India’s NavIC satellite system
- Fast Connect 6200 Mobile Connectivity Subsystem provides highly integrated 2×2 mobile connectivity that is Wi-Fi 6 ready
Gaming Experience of Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G:
This Chipset enhanced the gaming experience of mobiles. The features that seen are as follows
- Smooth HDR mobile gaming: Snapdragon 720G Gaming features help you come out on top, every time. With the combination of smoother graphics, HDR gaming and Qualcomm Apt-X Adaptive audio, it creates an unmatched gaming experience whether fighting with enemies or defending the team.
- HDR entertainment: Experience finest HDR entertainment with both 10-bit HDR mobile gaming and HDR video streaming. The Qualcomm Spectra 350T achieves sharp video resolution with the ability to capture a staggering 192 megapixels with the new Snapdragon 720G.
- Accelerated on-device AI: The 5th generation Qualcomm AI Engine and dedicated Qualcomm Hexagon Tensor Accelerator are designed to give a better gaming experience with lower power consumption without any lag.
You might be interested in:
Comparison of different Snapdragon Processor
The new chipset Snapdragon 720G is considered in between Snapdragon 712 and Snapdragon 730G and enhanced its features a lot for better mobile performance. This chipset is also better than MediaTek Helio G90T. The Snapdragon 720G will perform slightly better than the G90T, although the difference isn’t enough to see an actual variation in terms of speed. Also, the 720G is more power efficient when compared to the Helio G90T which means you’ll get better battery life along with better thermals.
The Snapdragon 730G is relatively old now and the 720G also has a slightly faster CPU which gives us this surprising result. A few improvements in AI and connectivity and the inclusion of NavIC, both the Snapdragon 720G and Snapdragon 730G are identical and the fact that 720G is newer gives it an upper hand in terms of newer updates to the components and chips on board.