Snapdragon 855 Plus (855+) is a 64-bit Arm LTE system high-performance chipset. It is designed by Qualcomm in mid-2019. 7nm processing Snapdragon 855 plus is an octa-core processor divided into two segments. One of that fast performer segment contains four ARM Cortex-A76 where three Kryo-485 gold cores operating at 2.42 GHz clock speed and the fourth Kyro-485 gold core operating at a clocked speed of 2.84 GHz. The other power-efficient segment contains four small ARM Cortex-A55 (Kryo-485 silver) cores operating at a clock speed of 1.8 GHz. Adreno 640 GPU is included with Snapdragon 855 plus that supports X24 LTE modem combining of Cat 20 uplink and Cat 20 downlink. It can support up to 16 GB LPDDR4X RAM.
Snapdragon 855+ can be paired with X50 5G modem of Qualcomm to support 5G NR, sub-6 GHz mm-wave. Snapdragon 855 and Snapdragon 855+ both have identical features. The only difference is in the GPU and CPU frequencies.
Overview of Snapdragon 855 Plus:
|Codename||Cortex-A76 / A55 (Kryo-485)|
|Clock Rate||2.96 GHz|
|Level 2 Cache||1.8 MB|
|Level 3 Cache||5 MB|
|Number of Cores||8|
|Power Consumption (TDP = Thermal Design Power)||5 Watt|
|Manufacturing Technology||7 nm|
|Features||X24 LTE Modem, Adreno 640 GPU|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 640|
Features of Snapdragon 855 Plus:
- 5G mm Wave including sub-6 GHz mobile solution and 2 Gbps LTE modem
- The Fast Connect 6200 subsystem with Wi-Fi 6 and 60 GHz Wi-Fi mobile platforms provides improved performance in traditional 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands harnessing the potential of the 60 GHz mm Wave band for wireless speed and wire-equivalent latency.
- 4K HDR Video recording with Portrait Mode (Bokeh) and HDR10+ video capture. It give more contrast and detail in playback for imagery visualisation. 4K HDR Video can be recorded and Playback including 10 bit-colour depth.
- Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR) software delivers sharpness and bright photos in low light.
- Computer Vision ISP (CV-ISP) that delivers real-time object recognition, segmentation. It allows users to isolate and swap out backgrounds and objects in real-time recording.
- Photos and videos store at a half file size in HEIF and HEVC image formats to save storage.
- It can shoot unlimited HD slow-motion footage with the ability of recording 480 frames per second including multiple parts of video.
- Advanced hardware decoder, Cinema Experience, works faster at lower power. It gives the ultimate cinema experience up to 7x power savings. It enhanced the streaming and playback to HDR content, HDR10+, Dolby Vision on a mobile device.
- Snapdragon Elite Gaming experience real-life look, feel, depth and material, presenting realistic, deeply dimensional visuals with Adreno 640 GPU, Vulkan 1.1, HDR Gaming.
- Apt-X delivers robust, smooth wireless audio performance to provide better audio quality and power savings.
- Qualcomm Hexagon accelerates Voice Assistant to support two wake words simultaneously such as Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Cortana etc.
- Qualcomm Aqstic offers always-on echo cancellation and noise suppression based on voice assistant adding up to 4 far-field mic support. It provides better voice recognition in bad conditions.
- Qualcomm 3D Face Recognition is highly detailed. It uses the triple-camera system to capture a 3D image of a face. It gives superior performance and higher accuracy.
- Qualcomm 3D Sonic Sensor fingerprint technology used to scan finger in a deep accuracy and 3-dimension. The device learns automatically the unique patterns of the fingerprint to improve speed, accuracy and identification.
Gaming Experience of Snapdragon 855+:
Snapdragon Elite Gaming provides an exclusive and competitive edge with an advanced hardware and software features that optimized gaming. Qualcomm Apt-X Audio and Qualcomm Aqstic audio technologies are delivering premium audio quality with real-time surround sound. HDR gaming displays visuals shades of colour to put into hyper-realistic experience.
Incredible Graphics of Snapdragon 855 Plus:
The 855+ integrates an Adreno 640 graphics card that has higher clocked and offer a 15% higher performance. Snapdragon 855+ features 15% faster graphics with an uplift in CPU performance compared to the standard Snapdragon 855. It supports up to 16 GB LPDDR4x RAM. Qualcomm manufactured the Snapdragon 855+ in 7 nm Fin-FET process.
Powerful experiences, AI Platform:
The Hexagon 690 DSP has integrated into the Snapdragon 855+ by Qualcomm. The new DSP includes a neural processing unit (NPU) with dedicated Tensor-core. It can execute up to 7 trillion operations per second by the CPU and GPU. With numerous capabilities and ultra-responsive intelligence, it gives faster, smoother gameplay including more power efficiently. In short, the Snapdragon 855 is three times faster compared with Snapdragon 845 and two times faster compared with Kirin 980 SoC.
Spectra 380 Image Signal Processing:
The Snapdragon 855+ also has a Spectra 380 ISP, the world’s first chipset comes with a Computer Vision Engine (CV-ISP). It can calculate depth in videos up to 60 FPS. The Snapdragon 855+ has included real-time portrait modes. It can detect objects in low power that means it can capture an image in low light.
The Qualcomm Fast Connect delivers a new era of wireless connectivity including Wi-Fi 6 and Bluetooth 5.1. This ultra-powerful 4G connectivity including unmatched levels of 5G enhance mobile experiences with advanced low latency, better audio qualities and higher gaming performance.
List of Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Phone:
Many devices are using the Snapdragon 855 Plus on the Latest phone. this snapdragon 855 Plus phones are very powerful for the gaming experience. This chipset is used in flagship smartphones like OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7T Pro, Realme X2 Pro, Asus Rog Phone 2, Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro, Redmi K20 Pro Premium, Black Shark 2 Pro etc.