Snapdragon 855 is a 64-bit Arm LTE system high-performance chipset. It is designed by Qualcomm at the last of 2018. 7nm processing Snapdragon 855 is an octa-core processor divided into two segments. One of that fast performer segment contains four ARM Cortex-A76 where three Kryo-485 gold cores operating at a clock speed of 2.42 GHz and the fourth Kyro-485 gold core operating at a clocked speed of 2.84 GHz. The other power-efficient segment contains four small ARM Cortex-A55 (Kryo 485 silver) cores operating at a clock speed of 1.8 GHz. Adreno 640 GPU is included with Snapdragon 855 that supports X24 LTE modem combining of Cat 20 uplink and Cat 20 downlink. It can support up to 16 GB of LPDDR4X RAM.
Though Qualcomm has not officially announced the thermal design power (TDP) but SoC will reach a maximum of 5W and will average around 3.5W under load.
|Codename||Cortex-A76 / A55 (Kryo-485)|
|Clock Rate||2.84 GHz|
|Level 2 Cache||1.8 MB|
|Level 3 Cache||5 MB|
|Number of Cores||8|
|Max. Power Consumption (TDP = Thermal Design Power)||5 Watt|
|Manufacturing Technology||7 nm|
|Features||X24 LTE Modem, Adreno 640 GPU|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 640|
Features of Snapdragon 855 Processor:
- World’s first chipset, Snapdragon 855 came with transformative 5G experience.
- World’s first 5G mm-Wave including sub-6 GHz mobile solution and 2 Gbps LTE modem.
- The Fast Connect 6200 subsystem with Wi-Fi 6 and 60 GHz Wi-Fi mobile platforms provides improved performance in traditional 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi bands harnessing the potential of the 60 GHz mm-Wave band for wireless speed and wire-equivalent latency.
- World’s First 4K HDR Video recording with Portrait Mode (Bokeh) and HDR10+ video capture. It gives more contrast and detail in playback for imagery visualisation.
- 4K HDR Video can be recorded and Playback including 10 bit-colour depth.
- Multi-frame Noise Reduction (MFNR) software delivers sharpness and bright photos in low light.
- World’s First Computer Vision ISP (CV-ISP) that delivers real-time object recognition, segmentation. It allows users to isolate and swap out backgrounds and objects in the real-time recording.
- Photos and videos store at a half file size in HEIF and HEVC image formats.
- It can shoot unlimited HD slow-motion footage with the ability to record 480 frames per second.
- Advanced hardware decoder, Cinema Experience, works faster at lower power. It gives the ultimate cinema experience up to 7x power savings.
- The Snapdragon 855 also enhance the real-life look, depth and gives an extremely realistic, deeply dimensional visuals.
- First time ever for mobile gaming Vulkan 1.1 including true HDR gaming on mobile.
- AptX Adaptive provides robust, smooth wireless audio. It improves the performance and gives optimum audio quality, latency and power savings.
- Hexagon 690 DSP supports two wake words simultaneously for accelerating Voice Assistant such as Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Cortana etc. It also offers always-on echo cancellation and noise suppression including 4 far-field mic support. It gives better voice recognition in tough conditions.
- It can use 3D Face Detection for highly detailed and sophisticated identification. 3-camera is used to capture a detailed 3-dimensional image.
- 3D Sonic which is the most secure and accurate fingerprint is used for resulting a deeply accurate. The device can learn the unique patterns of fingerprint for better speed, accuracy and identification.
Gaming Experience of Snapdragon 855 Processor:
Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming experience provides fast performance, features and enhances the power to the next generation of mobile gaming. With Adreno 640 GPU and HDR Gaming elite gaming on mobile are achieved. The gaming features are as follows.
The Adreno 640 has 20% faster and 50% more ALUs than the Adreno 630. It supports up to 16 GB LPDDR4x RAM. This SoC provides up to 45% faster single-core performance and 35% multi-core performance. Snapdragon 855 has an ability to keep its performance when faced with high load. The performance of Apple A12 Bionic SoC and the HiSilicon Kirin 980 is left behind in front of Snapdragon 855 SoC. Snapdragon Elite Gaming gives the experience of Game on.
Powerful experiences, AI Platform:
4th generation on-device AI engine deliver smarter, faster and more secure experiences ultimate personal assistant for camera, voice, XR and gaming. Hexagon 690 DSP has integrated into the Snapdragon 855. It has a neural processing unit (NPU) included with Tensor-cores that execute up to 7 trillion operations per second by the CPU and GPU. Based on the 7nm process, the chipset unpacks unbelievable performance with higher power efficiency. In short, the Snapdragon 855 is three times faster than the Snapdragon 845. This also gives an insane battery life.
Spectra 380 Image Signal Processing:
The Snapdragon 855 also has a Spectra 380 ISP which is the world’s first chip with Computer Vision Engine (CV-ISP). It can calculate depth in videos up to 60 FPS. This sets brilliant standards for mobile including 4K HDR video recording with Portrait Mode and captures HDR10+ video. Motion pictures will be brilliant, scene-by-scene and frame-by-frame. 5G makes XR real-time that provides immersive interactions with the speed of life.
Connectivity of Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor:
The world’s first 5G mobile platform experience with the Snapdragon X50 5G modem. Combining with a high Wi-Fi performance, it enhances the next generation.
List of Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Phone:
Many devices are using the Snapdragon 855 on the Latest phone. this snapdragon 855 phones are very powerful for the gaming experience. This chipset from the snapdragon 855 phones is used in flagship smartphones like Asus ROG Phone 2, Asus Zenfone 6Z, Blackshark 2 Skywalker, Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Samsung Galaxy Note 10+, Google Pixel 4/XL, Lenovo Z5 Pro GT, Lenovo Z6 Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro, OPPO Reno, Samsung Galaxy A90 5G, Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S10e, Sony Xperia 1, Sony Xperia 5, Xiaomi Mi 9, Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro, Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro, Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G Edition, Asus Zenfone 6, Realme X2 PRO etc.