Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 is a 64-bit Arm LTE system high-performance chipset. It is designed by Qualcomm at the last of 2019. 7nm processing Snapdragon 855 is an octa-core processor divided into two segments. One of that fast performer segment contains four ARM Cortex-A77 where three Kryo-585 gold cores operating at a clock speed of 2.42 GHz and the fourth Kyro-585 gold core operating at a clocked speed of 2.84 GHz. The other power-efficient segment contains four small ARM Cortex-A55 (Kryo-585 silver) cores operating at a clock speed of 1.8 GHz. Adreno 650 GPU is included with Snapdragon 855 that supports X55 LTE modem combining of Cat 24 uplink and Cat 22 downlink. It can support up to 16 GB of LPDDR5 RAM.
|Codename||Cortex-A77 / A55 (Kryo-585)|
|Clock Rate||2.42 – 2.84 GHz|
|Level 2 Cache||1.8 MB|
|Level 3 Cache||7 MB|
|Number of Cores||8|
|Power Consumption (TDP = Thermal Design Power)||5 Watt|
|Manufacturing Technology||7 nm|
|Features||Adreno 660 GPU, Spectra 480 ISP, LPDDR5|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 650|
|64 Bit||64 Bit support|
Features of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Processor:
- It supports global roaming and multi-SIM
- It supports all frequency bands such as mm Wave, sub-6, TDD, FDD and Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS)
- It is capable of both the standalone and non-standalone modes.
- 5th generation Qualcomm AI Engine with new Qualcomm Hexagon Tensor Accelerator, is 2x more powerful and this AI can perform using lower power.
- Limitless HD slow-motion video capture at 960 FPS with Dolby Vision for video capture on mobile for the first time ever.
- Kyro-585 CPU provides 25% faster performance including with Adreno 650 GP boost its performance up to 25%.
- New Snapdragon Elite Gaming features including Desktop Forward Rendering, Qualcomm Game Colour Plus v2.0, Qualcomm Game Smoother and True 10-bit HDR gaming improves a lot in gameplay.
- New Qualcomm Sensing Hub supports
- Low power AI voice assistant support with contextual awareness
- Voice, audio and sensors like Hexagon Voice Assistant Accelerator for advanced voice use cases
- Qualcomm apt-X Adaptive audio for robust, low-latency and high-quality wireless audio and Qualcomm Aqstic Audio Technologies offers DSD support, customizable Golden Ears filter.
Gaming Experience of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Processor:
Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming experience provides fast performance, features and enhance the power to the next generation of mobile gaming. With Adreno 650 GPU and HDR Gaming elite gaming on mobile are achieved. The gaming features are as follows.
1. Incredible Graphics and long time performance:
The Adreno 650 offers 20% more performance than the Adreno 640 in the Snapdragon 855. It supports up to 16 GB LPDDR5 RAM. The Qualcomm Kryo-585 CPU provides 25% faster performance to power dynamic, process-intensive experiences with incredible efficiency and superior battery life. Snapdragon Elite Gaming gives the experience of Game on. Besides extending battery life cycles AI technology also improves battery health and safety by Quick Charging facility.
2. Powerful experiences, AI Platform:
5th generation on-device AI engine deliver 2x smarter, faster and more secure performance for camera, voice, XR and gaming. Hexagon 698 DSP has integrated into the Snapdragon 865. It has a neural processing unit (NPU) included with Tensor-cores that execute up to 15 trillion operations per second by the CPU and GPU. Based on 7nm process, the chipset unpacks unbelievable performance in photography, gaming and voice interactions such as real-time AI translation including an insane battery life.
3. Spectra 480 Image Signal Processing:
The Snapdragon 865 has a Spectra 480 ISP with Computer Vision Engine (CV-ISP) which process the photos and videos in 2 Giga-pixels per second. This set delivers new camera features including Dolby Vision video capture, 8K video recording, capture 200 megapixel photos, and simultaneously capture 4K HDR video and 64 MP photos. 5G makes XR real time that provides immersive interactions with the speed of life.
4. Connectivity of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Processor:
The most advanced 5G platform supports all frequency bands from 5G mm Wave and sub-6, TDD and FDD, to SA and NSA modes. Supporting with Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS) Snapdragon X55 5G Modem-RF System helps to expand the 5G global footprint. It achieves multi-gigabyte speed up to 7.5 Gbps.
Desktop Level Gaming Feature:
New Snapdragon Elite Gaming features desktop-level gaming including Desktop Forward Rendering for extremely realistic and the updatable GPU drivers for mobile.
Devices that use Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor:
The handsets like Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro, OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro, Redmi K30 Pro and K30 Pro Zoom, Realme X50 Pro, Oppo Find X2 and Find X2 Pro etc. are powered by Snapdragon 865 chipset.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G Processor – Features and Gaming Experience
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor – Features and Gaming Experience
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus Processor Gaming Experience
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Processor Specification, Gaming Experience
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G Features, Specification, Gaming Experience
- Snapdragon 730G Processor, Features, Gaming Specification