Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) Examination and ISS Examination conducted by UPSC. This exam is mainly operated for Railway Service Recruitment for selecting students for the undergraduate program in mechanical engineering. This program started in 1927 and it is one of the oldest program in India.
Details of SCRA Examination:
- This exam is taken in offline mode.
- Held once in a year
- Candidates must be passed 10+2 Class from a recognized Board/University
- Official website is upsc.gov.in
- Examination processed in two schemes: Written exam (600 marks) and Personality Test (200 marks)
- Age Limit: 17-21 years
- Syllabus: The syllabus includes General Ability Test, Physical Science Paper and Mathematics Paper.
Indian Statistical Service exam (ISS Examination) was introduced for formulating and implementing economic policies and programs in India. For ISS Examination, all statistical positions of different ministries and departments were pooled together in the initial constitution of service. A combined competitive examination for recruitment to the Junior Time Scale of the Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in accordance.
- ISS Exam held once in a year.
- The ISS exam is a pen and paper-based.
- Anyone can get 6 attempts.
- Official Website is upsc.gov.in
- The minimum eligibility criteria is a Bachelor’s degree with Statistics or Mathematical Statistics or Applied Statistics.
ISS exam is offering the following Ministries/Departments :
- Ministry of Agriculture & Farmer Welfare, AYUSH, Chemical & Fertilizer, Civil Aviation, Coal, Commerce & Industries, Corporate Affairs, Culture- Anthropological Survey of India and Defence etc. So, candidates have many options to opt.
Eligible Criteria of both examination:
Nationality: Must be a citizen of India, a person of Indian origin or a subject of Nepal and Bhutan or Tibet settled in India before 1st January 1962.
Category wise age limit, relaxation, and maximum attempts:
- General category & EWS: 32 years and 6 attempts
- OBC(with certificate): 35 years and 9 attempts
- Sc/ST: 37 years and unlimited attempts
- Physically Disabled: 42 years and Gen/OBC/Person with Benchmark Disability(EWS category) 9 attempts and SC/ST unlimited attempts
- Jammu & Kashmir Domicile: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years for OBC and 5 Years for SC/ST) and Number of attempts depends on the reserved category.
- Disabled and discharged Defense service personnel: 32 years + 3 years + (3 years for Gen/OBC and 5 years for SC/ST)
- Ex-Servicemen Commission Officer: 32 years + 5 years + (3 years for OBC and 5 Years for SC/ST)
You Also Read:
- IES Examination Pattern, Eligibility Criteria, Selection process
- Combined Defense Service Examination (CDSE) Exam Pattern, Eligibility
- Civil Service Examination Pattern, Qualification and Interview Process
- Are you a UPSC Aspirant? Know about preparation strategy, Eligibility criteria
- National Defense Academy, NDA Examination, Eligibility Criteria
- CMSE Exam, CMSE Eligibility, Books for CMSE Examination
Just one thing you have to remember, if you want to achieve some great things, you must not only act but must have a dream and not only plan but also believe. Dream big and it will come true by patience and plan. Hope this article helps you. So, thanks for reading our article, if you want to share more information thing about this topic kindly comment below. You can join our Facebook page and Twitter to getting the latest information.