Listen this post
Education is the basic and most necessary thing in India. This year the new world-class education policy(5+3+3+4) has changed the whole 10+2 education system, which was applied since 1986 in India. A drastic change will be visible in every sector. No doubt, it is a commendable policy announced by The Union Human Resources Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal. The new education policy can be a game-changer for the Indian economy. The facts are amazing, and the policies will amaze you.
Overview of NEP: National Education Policy 2020
New pedagogical and curricular structure of faculty education (5+3+3+4): 3 years in Anganwadi/preschool and 12 years in class(2+3+3+4).
For children of three to six years: Access to free, safe, top quality ECCE(Ensuring Access to Early Childhood Care & Education) at Anganwadis /Preschool.
Foundational Learning Curriculum of School Education:
- Prior to the age of 5, every child will move to a “Preparatory Class” or “Balvatika” (that is, before Class 1).
- Age 6 to 8, Grade 1-2: Foundational Stage. The school will start at this age.
- Age 8-11, Grades 3-5: Preparatory Stage, play, discovery, and activity-based, and interactive classroom learning.
- Age 11-14, Grade 6-8: Middle Stage, experiential learning within the sciences, mathematics, arts, social sciences, and humanities.
- Age 14-18, Grade 9-12: Secondary Stage, multidisciplinary study, greater critical thinking, flexibility, and student choice of subjects.
- The medium of instruction up to grade 5, and preferably till Grade 8 and beyond, are going to be home language/ mother-tongue/ local language.
- Beginning with Maths, all subjects are offered at two levels.
Students will have ten bag-less days during which they’re taught a vocation of their choice (informal internship).
Board Exams and faculty Exams
School Exams are going to be held just for three levels – Classes 3, 5, and 8. Assessment will shift to a formative style that inspires higher-order thinking skills, critical thinking, and conceptual clarity.
Board Exams to continue, but these are going to be designed for holistic development. A replacement national assessment centre PARAKH (Performance Assessment, Review, and Analysis of data for Holistic Development), is going to be established. Board exams will have fewer stakes.
All students are going to be allowed to require Board Exams on up to 2 occasions during any given academic year, one main examination, and one for improvement, if desired.
Higher Education and College Entrance Exams
National Testing Agency will conduct a standard college entrance examination twice a year. This may be implemented from the 2022 session.
Bachelor’s degrees are going to be four years with exit options as follows.
- Exit after 1 year: Students will get a Certificate.
- Exit after 2 years: Students will achieve the Diploma.
- Midterm dropouts are going to be given a choice to finish the degree after an opportunity.
- Bachelor’s programs are going to be multidisciplinary in nature, and there’ll be no rigid separation between arts and sciences.
- Indian arts, languages, and culture are going to be promoted in the least levels.
- M.Phil degree is going to be discontinued.
- By 2040, all education institutions like IITs will become multidisciplinary. There’ll be a greater inclusion of arts and humanities subjects for science students and vice-versa.
- Selected universities from among the highest 100 universities within the world are going to be facilitated to work in India.
- The system of affiliated colleges is going to be phased out in 15 years, and colleges are going to be given greater autonomy and power to grant degrees.
This is the basic structure and changes in the education system. But the interesting parts are going to be revealed. In this article, we are going to discuss the secrets and inside changes or Secrets of National Education Policy in our education, career, and many other parts of life.
In our previous education system, practical knowledge is a less focused concept from school. A theoretical study was in the main focus, and no basic application of the theory was a problem among students. The New world class Education Policy will give importance to students’ practical knowledge rather than just pushing them towards rote. Students will practically gather their knowledge about what they have studied in the books. This particular method will make huge changes in the students’ life. Theoretical knowledge has no value until it is used for many practical purposes.
Advantages of practical knowledge of any Education
- When you do something together with your own hands, you remember better.
- Practical work promotes experiential learning.
- Practical work encourages self-learning.
- Practical work familiarizes students with tools and equipment that they are going to be required to use.
- Practice results in perfection.
- One cannot become an expert overnight; greater the practice, greater the expertise.
- Practical work may be a good change from the monotonous lecture method.
- Students are required to participate actively in practical activities.
- The involvement of scholars is more practical work.
- Practical work complements the theory.
- Practical assignments are often administered in groups. Group work helps to inculcate social values and values like sharing, cooperation, solidarity, compassion, etc.
- Practical work makes students independent and increases their confidence.
The new education system will give the biggest preference for vocational training. This is a kind of practical knowledge. It was announced that the courses would be taught from class 6 students. Vocational training is already present in our system, but not everyone was interested, and the jobs are very few in numbers. So the minimum number of students was interested.
But vocational training and certificates will help students to achieve company based jobs at an early age. The children will achieve self-dependency. Not only company based jobs but also own farms, agricultural development can be possible by vocational education. It will boost up our economic system. Vocational education includes every sector of training from plumbing to web designing. These initiatives will help a needy student to earn some money after schooling.
Internationalization of Higher Education:
Internationalisation of higher education added for the first time to the Education policy of India. It targets creating India as a knowledge hub attracting foreign nationals and to market research collaboration and student exchanges between Indian institutions and global institutions through organized efforts. Exchange of Credits between foreign universities and residential institutes are going to be permitted, to be counted for the award of a degree in appropriation as per higher world class education in India. This is often a multi-beneficiary significant reform that ought to benefit in seamless education and industrial jobs across the world.
It will also boost international business relations in not only world class education but in support services and other sectors also because the passed-out students would become more aware of Indian culture, socio-economic diversity, trade regulations, industry strengths, and many more.
Digitalization Pedagogy and classrooms:
The technology involved in learning is nowadays a trending process which makes the students very interested in their classrooms and makes the student more interacting with educators. This is also a very good policy. The kids will learn in a better and effective way.
Even as the press did six centuries ago, this transition is transforming formal education and increasing learning opportunities. Digital learning isn’t only allowing students to access more and more information but also ensuring that the knowledge in question is customizable and suited to their personal needs. The chance to assist every student in learning at the simplest pace and path for them is the most vital advantage of digital learning.
The free and open content and tools have created an environment of sharing economy. By embracing digital devices and connected learning, classrooms around the country and around the globe can’t only coordinate with each other to share insights but also boost learning, experience, and communication skills. The practice also allows educators to enjoy the A level playing field. Schools can economize while ensuring equitable access to educational material as expensive private schools.
If you want to know more about digital learning than you can also read the below
No separation between subjects
From the very beginning of our education system, there are some subject barriers present. Like a pure science or general science, the student can’t choose an art subject in their subject combination. A student has both interests in math and history, but he/she has no choice for this odd combination of subjects. But recent policy changes the whole concept of subject barriers and gives full freedom of subject choice to the students. There are no brackets of science, arts, and commerce. Anyone can choose any subjects of their personal interests.
In some government jobs like state PSC, the aspirant has to prepare on economy, polity, english, bengali, history, geography, general science, math, etc. The new world class education system will help the aspirant to prepare the subjects from the very beginning.
Multiple entries and exit system in World Class Education
After a higher secondary study, many students leave their studies for many reasons. Dropouts are very common in our country. These multiple entries and exit systems will help the student to complete their study at any age with the same benefits.
When the scholars who are unable to continue their study and stop for a period of your time, for instance, for work or move to a different city, they will attend the course of certain subjects to urge a certification of the competence or skill relevant to the varsity subject. Once they want to come back to high school, the certification of the themes can be regarded that the scholars have already passed the subject. These knowledge and skills they need both from regular school, and nonformal schools are very useful and relevant for them to urge employment which is relevant to the requirements of industry, society, government, and other private sectors.
With quite 750,000 Indian students studying abroad, the ministry is looking to spice up India’s image as a world-class education hub in its title.
Previously, under the Foreign Educational Institutions Bill 2010, international campuses could only be found out in India through a partnership with an Indian college.
According to the National Education policy document, selected universities from the highest 100 universities are going to be facilitated to work in India. A world Students Office at each institution hosting overseas students also will be found out.
The policy also explained that research collaboration and student exchanges between Indian and global institutions are going to be promoted.
Internships from an early age
Internships were available in India from colleges or higher school education. But the new education policy will give a chance for internships from the students of class 6. Internships will help the students in their future careers. It is also a commendable policy that will boost the economy of India.
Internships provide knowledge, skills, teamwork experience, problem-solving quality to the student.
The new education policy is coming with many positive changes. It includes the good policies of other countries. World class education system is entering in Indian education system. It